GeoZilla - FAQ
How is GeoZilla using my battery? How can GPS tracking be battery-friendly?
- GeoZilla is NOT continuously using GPS in the background; it tracks location in a passive mode upon a significant change in location. GeoZilla is running in the background just to be able to receive a notification with a new location from the phone system when you move significantly (more than 500m).
- In this mode, the location is detected by the phone by using signals from cell towers; most of the time, GPS hardware is not even needed and powered off to save you battery time.
- Getting live location data is also done efficiently. Upon forced location update, when you request your family member or friend's location by tapping the refresh button in the app, the platform will send a silent push to your friend's device to ask for a new location update.
Why is location not always accurate? How can I improve location accuracy on my phone?
Accuracy depends on many factors, such as your environment and your phone. Sometimes your phone’s GPS module, cell tower or a WiFi spot you are connected to provides very inaccurate locations. Some areas might have a very poor signal or no signal at all. You can check what location the native Map app shows on your phone. If it shows the same inaccurate location, that is the reason.
To improve location accuracy on your phone, make sure you have all location services turned ON, including GPS and WiFi. GeoZilla gets locations from three sources: WiFi, cell tower signals and GPS. On the map, you are getting locations with the best accuracy.
What does 'Couldn't locate' mean?
'Couldn't locate' link appears when we can't get a new location for the user. It happens if:
- The user's phone is turned off.
- The wireless networks are turned off in Location settings (only for Android).
- The phone is in an area with no network connection.
- The phone is in Airplane mode.
Once the user is back online, we will notify you with a push message. Additionally, you can tap 'Push with Message' and the user will receive a message with a request for location.
How can I cancel my GeoZilla Premium Subscription?
For Android Subscribers:
- Visit the Play Store on your device.
- In the Play Store, search for GeoZilla - Family Locator.
- At the top of the page, click the Cancel button to stop your GeoZilla Premium subscription.
For more information on Google Play subscriptions
For iOS Subscribers:
- Visit the App Store on your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch).
- Tap Featured from the menu at the bottom.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID.
- If necessary, enter your password and tap OK.
- On the Account Settings screen, scroll down and tap Manage App Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription you want to manage, then choose a subscription category.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription period, or turn off Auto-Renewal.
For more information on App Store subscriptions
Why is the app showing 'Unknown address' instead of the user's whereabouts?
GeoZilla is working with the phone's geocoding system to provide the street address of your location. If the internet connection is slow or the map provider can't provide us with an accurate address, we show an 'Unknown Address' message instead of showing latitude and longitude. In most cases, updating location helps to сlarify the location address.
Why is GeoZilla showing a wrong location on the map?
Turn on WiFi and GPS for better location accuracy. When the app is running in the background on a device, you will sometimes receive inaccurate location information, which can make it seem as if you are somewhere you are not. If you want to increase you or your friend's location accuracy, just tap the 'Update' button on you or your friend's profile. This will run a manual update, which will update your location's accuracy inline with the current signal's quality. Reopening the GeoZilla app automatically improves your location accuracy.
How do I invite new members or join a Circle?
To invite a new member to your Circle:
- Go to the Map screen.
- Press 'Invite new member' button.
- Choose the way to send an invite.
- Wait until the other member installs the app and accepts your invite.
- Maybe your friend needs help installing GeoZilla or accepting your invite. Help them.
To join a Circle by ID:
- Go to the map, chat or notification screen and use the drop-down menu.
- Tap the 'Join' button.
- Enter the Circle ID of the circle you want to join. Press 'Join' button.
A Circle ID can be found on the Manage Circles screen in Settings.
Didn't find the desired answer in the above list?
Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancel your wearable device order
Would you like to cancel your orded? Write us at email@example.com with your request.